Here’s the second section! About a month ago I made my way out to the very tip of Washington with a few friends and of course brought my camera! Keeping the same theme as the first section, these are a little on the experimental side as well.
All of the panoramas that I’ve been posting lately have been built in a program that I’m quickly coming to love. It’s called Hugin. It’s taken a little figuring out for working through some of the tricky aspects, but I now I’ve finally got my feet under me so this one will be moot quality wise by the next time I shoot for one. If anyone is interested in Hugin, it’s a free open source program that you can find HERE!
This is a completely rebuilt version of the Space Movers animated .gif. I wanted to see how many different programs and thing I could integrate. The audio was just kind of plopped on there, mostly because I know very little about the audio side of things. That is my roommate Jake jake jake reading off the whole info panel as it slides by. And the song is K/Half Noise by Mum.
More motion stuff to come!
The programs involved were as follows,
After Effects CS6, Photoshop CS6, Illustrator CS6, Premier Pro CS6, Hugin, Audition CS6, Flash CS6
8 out of 9 packages aren’t destroyed in space!
This is a little project to play with integrating as much as possible. So, there’s hand animation, hugin (a photo stitching program), photoshop, flash, and illustrator!
The hardest part of this, was that flash kept crashing every 20 minutes for whatever reason.
The photo is a panorama from the top of the Sun Valley ski area turned into one of those little planets that are so popular these days.
Next up is some hand illustration!
I saw this sign while catching up with my mom. She saw some of the photo’s I have of old and abandoned buildings (I’ll edit and post them soon) and wanted to show me some she had found. After awhile this just turned into us driving around chatting. We ended up in the town of Machias. It was just after sundown that I saw this sign in someones yard. I loved it. I grabbed the gear that I of course had in the car and set up on the edge of the yard.
After a moment a lady came out and asked what we were doing. I was able to meet her and her husband Bruce (I never caught her name). They allowed me into their yard to snap this and told me how it had come into their possession. Oh, and of course I was hiding with the tripod under an umbrella because as always, it was raining.
They had an assortment of of other beautiful treasures around their yard so I hope I can make it back out there again!
This photo was more of an experiment than something that I was planning on finishing. Actually, up until today I didn’t even plan on touching it at all. Basically the little concept for this little project was could I take a shitty photo and make a good one just in post with minimal adjustments to exposure and none to HSL.
The original shot (see below) was just a quick reference photo taken at dusk when I was looking for spots to shoot long exposures of the bridge. It was just a quick handheld pop before walking away. The exposure was adjusted +0.3. Other than that almost all the changes were done with the tone curve, split toning, and shadow tint. All in all, for just a run amuck experiment I’m surprised at how well it came out.